Well this is an announcement we’ve all been waiting for. Warner Brothers announced today their San Diego Comic Con 2013 lineup, and it’s heavy with a lot of great shows, including three shows we proudly cover here at TV For The Rest of Us, Revolution, Person of Interest, and Arrow, as well as the marquee show for our sister site, The Winchester Family Business, Supernatural.
The below press release has all the details, but guests are still to be announced for Revolution and Person of Interest. Producers will be there though, and no doubt with all the teasers about the upcoming new seasons.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WARNER BROS. TELEVISION GROUP DESCENDS UPON
COMIC-CON® INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO 2013 WITH
TELEPORTERS, SUPER HEROES, VAMPIRES, ANDROIDS AND MORE
Studio Returns to Comic-Con with 17 Series from Top Producers Including
J.J. Abrams, Greg Berlanti, Eric Kripke, Jonathan Nolan,
Julie Plec, Kevin Williamson and Many More
People Get Ready for Screenings, Panels and Signings with the Stars and Producers of
Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Following, Nikita,
Person of Interest, Revolution, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries,
Almost Human, The Originals, The Tomorrow People, The 100, Beware the Batman,
MAD, Teen Titans Go! and The Paranormal and Extraterrestrial Squad
Twitter Pitch: Teleport, fly, take the train or the 5 to join Warner Bros. TV at Comic-Con 2013! Full lineup details:http://bit.ly/WBSDCC2013 #WBSDCC
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2013) — Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) returns to Comic-Con International: San Diego, the world’s leading pop-culture convention, next month with 17 series, including 10 returning fan-favorite shows and seven programs making their Comic-Con debut. Comic-Con-favorite stars such as The Following’s Kevin Bacon; Arrow’s Stephen Amell; The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder (Lost); Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles; Almost Human’s Karl Urban (Star Trek) and Michael Ealy (Underworld: Awakening); The 100’s Henry Ian Cusick (Lost); Childrens Hospital’s Rob Corddry; and Nikita’s Maggie Q — to name just a few — will join producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, The Tomorrow People), Eric Kripke (Revolution), Jonathan Nolan (Person of Interest), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Tomorrow People), Kevin Williamson (The Following, The Vampire Diaries) and many more to deliver the ultimate experience for fans, with screenings, panel sessions, autograph signings and media appearances.
- Fans can catch screenings of the pilot episodes of highly anticipated new drama series Almost Human, The TomorrowPeople and The 100, and hear from producers and stars of the shows during panels and autograph signings
- The Studio’s 2,400-square foot booth will once again be a must-visit destination on the convention floor
- Cast and producers of Nikita appear for their final Comic-Con panel
- Comic-Con favorites Arrow, The Big Bang Theory, Childrens Hospital, The Following, Person of Interest, Revolution, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries are all back in San Diego, and The Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals makes its debut
- And more surprises to come…
- For additional info on the Studio’s plans for Comic-Con and for real-time updates during the convention, please follow us on Twitter at @TheWBdotcom — official hashtag #WBSDCC — and visit www.thewb.com/comiccon
- To connect with WBTVG in the social space — including official Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for WBTVG series, talent and producers — check out the social media contacts page here: http://bit.ly/105uMby
- Download photography for this release here: http://bit.ly/WBSDCC2013
SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17 • BALLROOM 20
For the sixth straight year, WBTVG gets Comic-Con off to a dramatic start by hosting a special sneak peek, world-premiere screening event on Preview Night, debuting some of the most hotly anticipated new series of the year. For 2013, WBTV will screen the complete pilot episodes of Almost Human, The Tomorrow People and The 100 for the first time ever in public. Additionally, WBTV will unveil a special presentation of The Originals on the big screen, featuring never-before-seen footage that did not air as part of “The Originals” episode of The Vampire Diaries episode in April.
- Almost Human: In the near future, technology and crime will increase so quickly that law enforcement will not be able to keep up. To maintain order and keep the public safe, all police officers must partner with highly evolved human-like-androids known as synthetics. From J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Production and Fringe executive producer J.H. Wyman, Almost Human is the story of Detective John Kennex (Karl Urban – Star Trek), and his life-like android partner Dorian (Michael Ealy – Underworld Awakening).
- The Originals: From executive producer Julie Plec comes The Originals, a spinoff of The CW’s #1 series among Adults 18–34 and Comic-Con fan-favorite The Vampire Diaries. The sexy new drama centers on the Original Family, as Klaus (Joseph Morgan) returns to the supernatural melting pot that is the French Quarter of New Orleans.
- The Tomorrow People: From executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries), Phil Klemmer (Chuck) and Danny Cannon (Nikita), The Tomorrow People is a story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically.
- The 100: 97 years ago, Earth was devastated by a nuclear apocalypse, and mankind was nearly destroyed. The only survivors were the inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. The stations came together to form the Ark, but with resources dwindling and population growth soaring, the decision is made to send The 100, a group of juvenile delinquents, to the surface to test whether Earth is once again habitable.
TV SERIES SCHEDULE
PLEASE NOTE: Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional attendees — as well as information on panel sessions, signings and other events — will be provided as news breaks. Panel times and room locations will be announced in the coming weeks.
THURSDAY, JULY 18
- MAD (Mondays 8:30/7:30c Cartoon Network): Get a glimpse behind the MADness with MAD television producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek.
FRIDAY, JULY 19
- Almost Human (Late Fall, Mondays 8/7c FOX): Step into the future with series stars Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and executive producer J.H. Wyman.
- The Big Bang Theory (Thursdays 8/7c CBS): In a panel sure to be filled with debate and discussion — and more than a few surprises — executive producers Steven Molaro and Bill Prady and the writers of The Big Bang Theory take fans behind the scenes of TV’s #1 comedy.
- Childrens Hospital (Returning This Summer, Adult Swim): Creator/star Rob Corddry and executive producers David Wain and Jonathan Stern join cast members Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Ken Marino and Rob Huebel for a sneak peek of the show’s upcoming fifth season.
- The Following (Midseason, Mondays 9/8c FOX): Become a follower with stars Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore and Valorie Curry joining executive producers Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega.
- Nikita (Midseason The CW): Nikita makes its Comic-Con farewell with stars Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa and Noah Bean joining executive producer Craig Silverstein.
- The 100 (Midseason The CW): Series stars Eliza Taylor, Thomas McDonell, Marie Avgeropoulos, and Henry Ian Cusick join executive producers Matthew Miller and Jason Rothenberg.
- The Paranormal and Extraterrestrial Squad (Coming Soon, CWTV.com) Join producers Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes) & Russ Cundiff and creators/stars John Dale & Michael Hobert as they introduce a new digital series about the misadventures of a ragtag group of ex-community college students searching for paranormal and extraterrestrial (PET) activity.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
- Arrow (Wednesdays 8/7c The CW): Chills turn to thrills in this session with stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards and Colton Haynes joining executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg.
- The Originals (Tuesdays 8/7c The CW): Series stars Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin and Charles Michael Davis join executive producer Julie Plec.
- Person of Interest (Tuesdays 10/9c CBS): Executive producers Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plageman join members of the cast for their third visit to Comic-Con. (You’re being watched.)
- Revolution (Wednesdays 8/7c NBC): Series stars and creator/executive producer Eric Kripke power up this panel.
- The Tomorrow People (Wednesdays 9/8c The CW): Practice your teleportation skills and get to this session featuring series stars Robbie Amell, Mark Pellegrino and Peyton List with executive producers Greg Berlanti, Phil Klemmer and Danny Cannon.
- The Vampire Diaries (Thursdays 8/7c The CW): Comic-Con veterans Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham and Candice Accola join executive producers Julie Plec and Caroline Dries.
SUNDAY, JULY 21
- Supernatural (Tuesdays 9/8c The CW): Returning to Hall H are cast members Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard with executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer.
- Beware the Batman (Saturdays 10 a.m. ET/PT Cartoon Network, premiering July 13): The Dark Knight makes his return to television in this new action-packed CG animated series. Producers Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson will give fans a peek behind the cape.
- Teen Titans Go! (Tuesdays 7:30/6:30c Cartoon Network): Producer Aaron Horvath joins members of the voice cast, including Greg Cipes and Scott Menville, for this screening and Q&A. Go!