There have been a whole slew of announcements over the last few days about panels and signings for TV shows at Comic Con. After all, it’s a little over two weeks away. Below is a random list off shows that have been announced:
- “Merlin” will do a panel on Sunday, July 15th. Their panel will be 10:30 to 11:30 am in Room 6CBF.
- MTV’s “Teen Wolf” will have their panel and screening with “series regulars” on Thursday July 12th at 2:30 pm in Room 6A.
- The CW’s new show “Beauty and The Beast” will be there. The show is produced by CBS Studios. Their panel will be on Thursday July 12th from 3:30 to 4:35 pm in Ballroom 20. Signings will be at the CW/CBS Booth at 5:00 – 6:15. (Press release below)
- CBS Studios will also be bringing “Elementary,” a new CBS show for the fall. Their panel will follow “Beauty and The Beast” on Thursday July 12th from 4:40 to 5:45 in Ballroom 20. Signings will be at the CW/CBS Booth at 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. (Press release below).
- “Community” has a place and time for their panel now. It’s a far improvement over their tiny room at the Hilton Indigo Ballroom from last year. They get spacious Ballroom 20! The panel will take place Friday July 13th from 10:00 to 11:00 am. Panelists are Joel McHale, Alison Brie, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, and Gillian Jacobs.
- “Psych” will be back at Comic Con this year. Their panel will be on Thursday, July 12th. The time and location of the panel is TBD. (Press release below).
- TNT announced that “Falling Skies” will be attending, with the panel to take place on Friday, July 13th in Room 6BCF. Stars Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Will Patton, Drew Roy, Connor Jessup, Colin Cunningham, Sarah Carter and executive producer Remi Aubuchon are scheduled to attend. The panel will be moderated by the always popular Wil Wheaton.
- “Mythbusters” will be back. I’m not sure when I missed this announcement (this is one of my favorite panels) but they will be there on Saturday July 14th from 7:15 – 8:15 pm in Room 6BCF.
- Showtime is bringing shows “Shameless” and “Dexter.” The “Shameless” panel will be on Saturday, July 14th at the Hilton Bayfront Indigo Ballroom. ”Dexter” will have it’s panel on Thursday, July 12th in Ballroom 20.
- This is very exciting. AMC is bringing “The Walking Dead” back again this year and for the first time, “Breaking Bad.” ”The Walking Dead’s” panel will be Friday, July 13th from 1:25 to 2:25 in the coveted Hall H. Panelists are Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Denai Guerrero, David Morrisey, Glen Mazzara, Gale Anne Hurd, Robert Kirkman, and Greg Nicotero. “Breaking Bad’s” panel will be on Friday at 6:45 pm in Ballroom 20. Panelists TBD. ”Breaking Bad” is going into it’s last season, and it was announced today the season premiere of the final season five will be screened during their panel. This will give convention goers a one day early sneak peek over everyone else, since the fifth season is due to premiere July 15th on AMC.
Here’s the press release from CBS Studios:
June 26, 2012 – Los Angeles – CBS Television Studios will feature the world premiere screenings of its highly-anticipated fall series Beauty And The Beast and Elementary at Comic-Con 2012 during back-to-back panels in Ballroom 20 on Thursday, July 12. After premiering the first episodes exclusively for Comic-Con fans, panel discussions will follow with producers and fan-favorites Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan from Beauty And The Beast and producers and series stars Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu for Elementary.
USA NETWORK RETURNS TO COMIC-CON® WITH FAN FAVORITE “PSYCH”
ON THURSDAY, JULY 12
Panel to Feature Beloved Cast Including James Roday, Dule Hill, Corbin
Bernsen, Maggie Lawson, Timothy Omundson and Kirsten Nelson discussing
the upcoming seventh season, new guest stars, the 100th episode
milestone and plenty of surprises!
LOS ANGELES – June 22, 2012 – USA, which is currently dominating
summer’s television landscape with a record number of original hits,
returns to Comic-Con® for the fourth year in a row with its critically
acclaimed fan favorite hit series PSYCH. The USA panel will take
place as Comic-Con kicks off on Thursday, July 12.
PSYCH, USA’s longest running hit series currently on air, will feature
a panel along with additional surprises for their loyal Comic Con fan
base. As in previous years – guests such as Tears For Fears’ Curt
Smith, a performance by The Friendly Indians singing the show’s theme
song “I Know, You Know,” and a hilarious shout-out from William
Shatner — PSYCH will not disappoint the thousands of ‘PSYCH-Os’ who
will fill the ballroom, as there will be plenty of hijinks planned for
the panel. The entire main cast will be on stage, including James
Roday, who stars as Shawn Spencer, solving crimes for the Santa
Barbara police department in his own special way; Dulé Hill who
co-stars as Shawn’s best friend and reluctant sidekick Gus; Corbin
Bernsen as Shawn’s disapproving father Henry; and Maggie Lawson and
Timothy Omundson who play the police detectives O’Hara and Lassiter
who unwillingly rely on Shawn’s psychic skills, along with the police
chief Vick played by Kirsten Nelson. Joining the panel will be
creator and executive producer Steve Franks and executive producers
Chris Henze and Kelly Kulchak.
For gallery and episodic photos for PSYCH and all USA projects, please
log on to the NBC Universal Media Village at http://www.nbcumv.com/.
For more information on the show, log on to the show’s press site at
The #1 network in all of basic cable, USA Network is seen in 115
million U.S. homes. USA is a leader in scripted programming with a
powerful stable of originals including POLITICAL ANIMALS, SUITS,
NECESSARY ROUGHNESS, WHITE COLLAR, ROYAL PAINS, BURN NOTICE, PSYCH,
COVERT AFFAIRS, COMMON LAW and FAIRLY LEGAL. The network offers 52
weeks of spectacular live television with WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and is
home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, a broad portfolio of
acquired series and entertainment events. A trailblazer in digital
innovation and storytelling, USA is defining, driving and setting the
industry standard for Social TV. USA is a program service of
NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, a division of NBCUniversal. The
award-winning website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters
Plenty more to come in the upcoming days. When the final schedules are posted, we will have them here. In the meantime, The Hollywood Reporter has the most accurate list going of all the panels so far. Check out this link for all the latest info: