Remember last year those dashing TV Guide covers that contained special fall previews for the upcoming Warner Brothers shows from Comic Con 2010? No? I don’t remember what was in them, but the iconic picture of Tom Welling on the cover has been spared from the constant salivating by this hormonally challenged woman bearing that particular copy.
Sadly my dreams of a Supernatural cover has again been dashed, but hey, Jensen and Jared already made the cover twice this year. Give others a chance I guess. What does excite me is that Chuck made the cover this year, so I’m definitely seeking that out. Here’s all the details about the special issues with four different covers to be passed out at Comic Con 2011:
SUPER TEAM: WARNER BROS. TELEVISION AND TV GUIDE MAGAZINE
JOIN FORCES FOR WARNER BROS.-THEMED COMIC-CON SPECIAL ISSUE
Four Collectible TV Guide Magazine Covers Feature Hit Series
“The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe” and “The Vampire Diaries”
Magazine to Be Distributed at Warner Bros. Booth During Comic-Con,
On Sale at Newsstands Beginning July 21
Twitter Pitch: Warner Bros. TV & @TVGuideMagazine join forces for WB-themed Comic-Con 2011 special issue: http://bit.ly/omQtL0#WBSDCC
BURBANK, Calif. (July 11, 2011) — Excitement is building for Comic-Con 2011, and fans of the hit television series “The Big Bang Theory,” “Chuck,” “Fringe” and “The Vampire Diaries” will have a one-of-a-kind collectible item to bring home from this year’s Con, thanks to Warner Bros. Television (WBTV) and TV Guide Magazine. The magazine and WBTV are again teaming up to create a TV Guide MagazineComic-Con special issue devoted solely to programming from WBTV and the Studio, and the four fan-favorite series listed above will appear on four different collectible covers.
For an advance look at the four collectible covers, click here:
- All four collectible covers will be distributed at the Warner Bros. booth, #4545, on the convention floor throughout Comic-Con, beginning on preview night, Wednesday, July 20, and continuing through Sunday, July 24.
- For those not able to attend Comic-Con in person: Fear not! All four collectible covers will be on sale from July 21–28 at newsstand checkout wherever TV Guide Magazine is sold and will also be available at additional newsstands thereafter. The special issue can also be ordered online beginning July 12 at www.tvguidemagazine.com/comiccon.
In addition to the sections on the four cover shows, the 88-page issue is packed with features and photos dedicated to the following programs:
- An appreciation of WBTV’s “Smallville,” which recently concluded its 10th season
- The upcoming WBA/Warner Home Video/Warner Premiere release of “Batman: Year One” on Blu-ray™ and DVD
And that’s not all, folks! Don’t miss the following:
- An exclusive look at three superhero costume re-designs by bestselling artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee, for DC Comics The New 52, the upcoming historic renumbering of the entire DC line of comic books with 52 first issues.
- A classic MAD magazine “Spy vs. Spy” from writer/artist Peter Kuper, celebrating 50 years of the popular feature created by Antonio Prohias.
- A flaming hot — and currently top secret — foldout poster
- TV Guide Magazine cover gallery of WBTV series, a behind-the-scenes look at the Warner Bros. booth throughout the years, and the hottest photos from TV Guide Magazine’s Comic-Con photo booth
- The return of the ultimate superfan quiz and crossword puzzle
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC) and visitwww.thewb.com/comiccon. And follow TV Guide Magazine on Twitter @TVGuideMagazine.